We are currently hiring a Maintenance Mechanic.
Must apply in person to be considered. The address will be provided after you complete the Apply Form.
In this position you will be responsible for performing pipe fitting; boiler making; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair.
You will be working in a plant environment where you'll be exposed to dust, noise, equipment, and machinery.
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• 1-3 years' experience in maintenance
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical agility test given by our medical clinic.
• Must have knowledge of Cal/OSHA, EPA and DTSC Regulations.
• Must have knowledge in Lock Out/Tag Out, MSDS and chemical storage and issuing.
• Wear proper personal protective equipment.
• Conduct daily safety inspections in work area.
• Report all safety violations to the Safety Manager.
• Perform preventative maintenance on the Shredder.
• Assure all tools are in good working order.
• Keep record on damaged and broken tools.
• Generate tool request form for restocking of any tools or machine parts.
• Assist the day shift Production Supervisor with issuing tools and tool recall, if needed.
• Assure that all chemicals are stored and inventoried in the proper cabinet with an MSDS.
• Conduct weekly and monthly inventory on shrink wrap, boxes, pallets, etc.
• Physical agility is required to safely lift and carry 50 pounds and to bend, stoop walk, reach, overhead.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.